Wednesday, March 11, 2009

skype?

Okay so for all of you average citizens who have no idea what Skype is....basically it's just instant messenger used in many workplaces apparently, like mine, (what up Business Promotions, the best thing to happen to my life EVER). So whenever someone needs me, i get "skyped". I mean these guys use it for eeeeverything. And it's not even really necessary, this office ISN'T huge my friends, i could shout to anyone and they'd be able to hear, but for some reason it creates a more effective workplace if everything is "skyped" to one another. I actually think that the reason they do that instead of just shouting, is not only because it'd probably get a little loud, but then they feel like they're actually doing work. Okay let me clarify, we do, do work here, it's just not that much, granted the designers design the websites and the sales guys take care of getting more accounts and everyone else just kind of answers questions and emails people to let them know what's going on, (hence my job of nothing for $8 an hour) and "skyping" the little answers back and forth makes them feel like they're in a more effective workplace. And who can blame them, i mean i'm only making this blog so i can actually produce something from this job, i mean besides lifetime work experience and the knowledge that i'm making a difference of course!!! Seriously though...i think that's probably the reason.

Also...in the third day of working here i have made this observation, boys are far weirder than i had ever imagined. Especially when they're all together and aren't used to having a girl around. It's hilarious, when Tiger walks into a room (ps, tiger's oh i don't know, 6'2" 40 year old man) and goes "wassssuuuup bitcheeees, oh except courtney, sorry i forgot you were here...". Really? Why would you think that i care if you say the word bitches? ...... I mean it's not like i've ever heard it before. Hilarious. They worry over the weirdest things, did i get any pizza? No really courtney, have some pizza, you really need to eat some pizza, seriously just do it....No thank you? Especially since i just got back from lunch..hence i am full. Or, Oh court, i forgot your blue icee from the gas station! i'm so sorry next time i promise no really next time, i'll even go get it right now? Do you want it now? No...i only took it because you asked so many time, a blue icee is not really what i would consider a necessity in my life, really...it's okay. I think having a girl in the office is kiiind of freaking them out a little, granted i'm typically act ilke one of the boys anyway, but i think they've yet to realize that since i can be a bit on the reserved side when i first meet people.



okay so...i've added this picture randomly into my blog, and here is the reason. The other night as i was getting ready to go to bed, i turned on my tv set the sleep to 40 minutes, and started channel surfing to find some soothing reality tv sounds to drift off too, when to my surprise, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was playing on the disney channel!! Fantastic!So I"m laying in bed, completely stoked that i get to watch the movie, of one of the greatest stories ever written and it got me thinking...does the fact that i'm completely obsessed with Hrary Potter make me a nerd? I mean really, it's not just fan, i could answer any question about any book hands down. I wouldn't even have to think twice, Subrina says yes, this does make me a nerd (that and the fact that i really like musicals...who knew?) but i beg to differ. Just because i have a love for wizards and spell-throwing duels combined with teen angst and true love does NOT make me a nerd.......okay maybe a little bit, but really, i would rather read a harry potter book than pretty much anything else, which makes sense seeing as i've read all the books at least 9 times a piece, now you might be like, "wow courtney, have a little extra time on your hands?" And my answer to you, is yes. So shut up, because i like it that way, i mean really, what could be better when you're so bored and there's nothing to do than reading a book, especially one that you can read in just one day because it's really THAT intruiging (mind you i only do that on the day they come out...any other time, unless i'm ya know, ill or something, would be a little weird). So i guess what it comes down to is, if love Harry Potter and his 7 books full of adventures makes me a nerd, well then so be it, because what else would me and certain friends (anna.....) have to talk about if we hadn't read the books and maybe even secretly looked at a website that may or may not have been called dumbledoreisnotdead.com........even though now the series is done and that was actually a waste of time because dumbledore was in fact deadl....but that's not the point. I love harry potter,...and that my friends, is not a crime.

I've gotten one task today...It's 1:46. Are you starting to understand how ridiculuos this is? I've also doodled a fantastic picture. Really it's awesome, and it's surrounding my notes from the ten minute meeting about a welcome call script this morning while i sat and drank my coffee....mmmm. A good way to start the morning. And blogging is a good way to...well i guess end my day, since i'm off work in about 3 hours. Sounds long...goes by so fast. I never realized just HOW fast time goes by when you're well..distracted. Which i do easily since i'm one of the most easily distracted people on the planet, no seriously, i've gotten an award for it. Well, enough blogging for now, time to social network creep, maybe i'll even get a leg up on everyone else and make a Twitter account!!! Because you know, who could deal with just facebook, myspace, and blogspot. I definitely need more ways to stay connected to everyone i can just text anyway, but for some reason it's far cooler to talk to everyone online. OMG BRB LOLZ WTF G2G! blog ya later interweb!

No comments: