Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BP boredom!

10 a.m.: So getting a new job is always a little nerve-racking. At least in my opinion. So what do you expect? A huge workload? Unfriendly co-workers? To understand NOTHING of what they're telling you? To screw up the entire comany and watch it crash down all around you??? I kind of did....i mean not really but kind of, what ARE you to suspect when you start your first 9 to 5. (well actually it's 8 to 5, no big but still come on) I've never had a "real" real adult job, who's going to blame me though, give me a break i'm only 18 (almost 19 i might add (: ). So i get this job, because when does $7 an hour with 12 hours a week pay your $400 rent? Never, that's when. So i took on a great undertaking, going from getting up at 11 everyday, to 7 is really pretty mind blowing, and with the prospect of sitting at a desk for 9 hours straight, it's note exactly something to look forward to while waking up 4 hours earlier than your body anticipates. But THAT is where you're wrong my friend, sitting at this desk is one of the greatest things to happen to me. Why? you ask? Why would you possibly look forward to working at a desk for 9 hours straight minus an hour lunch break?? Well there a few reasons...........

1. As previously stated, and probably assumed, this lovely little desk job is getting me paid. And no, NOT $7 dollars an hour ( thanks a lot Justice Inc.). Actually only $8 an hour, BUT after 2 months of sitting at this desk, my pay goes up to 10. Fine by me...i'd say i deserve it (:

2. Not only do i get paid a dollar more than my previous employment, but i ALSO get probably 4 times as many hours, full time is REALLY not that bad, and it goes by fast when you figure out you're making $360 dollars a week...and just for your information that's more than i made in a month at my old job....gimme a break.

3. Okay so we're up to number 3 (have i mentioned that i'm writing this while i'm at this beloved job? yes yes i am) and the fact of the matter is, i've written an entire paragraph and 2 full reasons as to why i love this job without being given a single task to do...except answer the phone when it rings, which it hasn't....knock on wood. But really, is this a joke? I feel like my good luck could come to an end at any moment!! Where's ashton? Am i being punk'd? Who knows!!!

I'm sure some of you are thinking...wow, are you serious? that sounds SO boring!! And you're right...it would be IF i wasn't facebook chatting with some of the coolest people ever (shout out to heather who would liike to be mentioned via blog) and writing this ridiculous blog. It's times like these i praise whoever invented the internet. And also, i must take the time to THANK GOD for whatever precious human being he put on the earth to start Pandora Radio. Really, it's ridiculous how good these playlists are, when i start my morning feeling a little postal servicy..and as the day goes on and i wake up more and more the same playlist has somehow magically morphed into MGMT. And then follow it up by some band i've never heard of, but now LOVE!!!! It's the little things like this that make life so worth living i'd say. Who am i to pass up this opportunity to catch up on my facebook creeping, new music finding, occassional phone call making, skype talking job of the century. I would have to be an idiot, and i am definitely NOT an idiot.

1:46 p.m.: So, Subrina has decided to copy me and create a blog. I mean not really copy me, because so many people have blogs that that would be a ridiculous thing to say, i just like to mock subrina and everything she stands for...but i can't think of anything right now, so i'll pass until further notice. Anyways, back from lunch buuuut i didn't eat anything. Why you ask? Because now that i work full time, i will be missing happy hour at Tahiti Tan. It sounds superficial and stupid...and it is, but i enjoy being tan and going to a tanning bed is a relaxing little nap away from work where i can listen to music, smell like coconut, and pretend it isn't snowing outside. I appreciate my hour lunch to the fullest by mentally taking myself as far away from a desk and computer as possible, not that i hate work or anything, it's just a good break. Besides the fact that i'm wearing jeans and now the backs of my knees are sunburnt....just a tad uncomfortable i'd say.

Before i left for my lunch break, i was asked to run errand at wal mart for my "boss" JD and pick up some much needed supplies, such as pens, notepads, paper towels, tissues, and toilet paper. It was a nice little stroll around wally world to ease my mind, when unfortunately i happened across someone i wasn't too fond of. Now i'm not going to name names.....missy......but i do not like this person very much at all. She's obnoxious, rude, immature, and resembles a horse. I know i sound mean, but our history is not exactly friendly with one another, when last summer her and her friends decided they were going to try and scare me by threatening to beat me up.....didn't work. Especially since she looks to be only 100 pounds and couldn't be taller than 5'5" at the most. I found it funny but ... she still bothers me, and we've remained enemies ever since, high school i know but let me be people, i find very few people that i can dislike and she is somehow still on the list of those i haven't forgiven too easily. So i see the high school children walking to get chips and soda and all sorts of other disgusting things that people like to eat instead of real meals and i was reminded of high school lunch time, and a funny little story that took place my sophomore year. While i was still young and impressionable and immatutre, me and my bff omgz lol heather, (noted above for being awesome at facebook chatting) had a friend who would pretty much do...anything we asked him to. We knew he basically worshipped at our feet, but we figured at some point there would be a line he just wouldn't cross, so we decided to see where that line fell, you know, just for our own personal knowledge so that we would be sure to only push so far. Anyways, heather decided that it would be funny for her to dare him to ya know, the usual throw things at people, yell dumb stuff, and finally, lick the bottom of her shoe. Okay, if this doesn't seem like a big deal then you are disgusting. High school is gross and so are the kids in it, i mean we don't care what we walk through and what goes on the parking lot or the hallway floors that haven't been cleaned since the end of last school year.....but apparently he didn't care because he did it. Well i guess he was sick of being made fun of for being heather's bitch once and for all, since it had finally been taken to a new level of...bitchness. Heather sent him off to go get her lunch for her like she always did, and he came back...with a lovely roll, nothing out of the ordinary or so it seemed. Yeah well, it wasn't, and he got it out of the trash....aaaaand she ate it. Needless to say it was well deserved but still, high school is disgusting. And that random tangent was what i was reminded of when i saw the annoying horse girl at wal mart. Great eh? I thought so.



1 comment:

Subrina Michelle said...

Whatever courtney! I'm the one who gave you the idea to spend your work day at your "grown up" job blogging!!!
biiiitchhhh