Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dirty Harry

Oh hey blogging world, forgot you were there. Okay so i have been slacking on the blog-age, mainly due to the fact that karma came around and bit me in the ass. All my bragging about my easy job and nothing to do except blog my life away...the job's still here and the free time has flown out the window, who'd have guessed?!?!
So I've realized, that i love to talk, hence i love to blog! I think that this weirds people out…i could be wrong, but most likely I'm not. I mean, i could talk to basically anyone about anything, but not everyone likes to talk to just anyone, about anything. Sometimes people almost seem offended, like have you ever been in an awkward situation with someone you don’t really know, so you try to make polite conversation, about something, anything, and they just stare at you like you have leprosy or are speaking Chinese? Uuuuhm hello? I just asked you what kind of music you like? It’s a pretty simple question!!! People are too awkward, I mean situations like that would be a lot easier to handle if you just roll with the flow of the conversation, which really isn’t that hard, especially if you’re talking to someone like me who will just keep going and going if you let them. Who knows, although I guess it does make for a pleasant surprise when you finally talk to someone who knows how to hold there own in a conversation. It reminds me that normal people still exist, and that texting and Facebooking hasn’t replaced EVERYONE’S social skills just yet.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good Facebook creep around every now and then when I’m bored out of mind, or to exchange pleasantries with people I enjoy but don’t really care about too much, there’s nothing wrong with that! But okay, the people who constantly update their lives like every two hours? Or looks through everyones pictures and updates to see what’s going on in the lives of everyone who’s clearly not friends with you enough for them to tell you themselves? That’s just a little bit creepy to me. I mean these people don’t talk to you for a reason….get a hint internet stalker.

Another site I don’t understand whaaaaatsoever: Twitter. Fucking Twitter. Whoever designed that should be lynched. I mean really? That’s disgusting, who follows those types of things? I once made a comment about how stupid I though it was, and someone told me it was because I “didn’t understand”. Oh really? Don’t I? It can’t be that complex…you update what you’re doing, all day…everyday. Uhm hello? This is called a blog. If I have stupid things I feel like other people should read, I will write them on here, not a one like basic Facebook status update turned worldwide takeover website. I don’t want to follow you on twitter, I really couldn’t care less what you do with your day, that’s your business, if I wanted to know I would follow you around, or text you.

I mean even texting is pretty lame! The only people I care to text are those who text like they talk, or people I can actually carry a conversation with. There’s no point texting me for small talk, I’ll reply, maybe 5 times max, and then I’m over it. My attention span isn’t that long, and I really don’t want to hear about how you are today, just get to the point, there’s probably an underlying reason as to why you’re texting me anyway, and if there is you should just get to it, I have a life and I feel it’s much better lived when I’m not staring at a screen…I already do it 8 hours a day. There’s nothing to understand about Twitter, except for the world to understand how pointless it is to use. Period. End of story. I mean, for you to be updating that many things…how are you actually doing the activities you’re updating about? That doesn’t make sense, and why do you feel like people need to know that you just left you’re house and you’re going to pick up dry cleaning? Or that you just got home and now you’re going to have dinner? Yeah I mean that’s what I figured you did when you went home in the evening…I don’t really care beyond that because your weird personal business is your own weird personal business….that’s why it’s…personal….business. I mean really at this point, I have basically lost almost all my faith in humanity. A little pessimism now and then never hurt anyone!

So like I said before, I’m a talker. I just like to talk, I enjoy interacting with other people, and I have far too many thoughts to keep my mouth shut at all times, it’s difficult to say the least. I mean I’m sure most people have a lot of thoughts throughout the day, but I feel like mine must be more than average, not to say I’m smarter than the average person, I just have a lot of thoughts, regardless of whether that’s just how I am, or due to the amount of psychedelics I’ve done, that’s just how my mind works. Apparently, the problem is that when I like to talk…I talk loud. I’ve been told it time and time again, but I never really realized it until about ten minutes ago, when I was told again. But first off, I mean why would you tell someone that? What am I supposed to do? Apologize for the level of my voice? It’s not like I can help it people. Second off, I swear I’m not THAT loud, but then again maybe I’m just used to it. I guess I would have to ask a complete stranger to really get an answer to that question, although strangers are often weirded out by me and probably would just say yes because they aren’t used to random females asking if the level of their voice makes them uncomfortable. Who knows?! The mysteries of life will apparently, remain just that, mysteries. And I will just have to keep pondering, and blogging with my theories.

No comments: